Why All Portland Businesses Should Use Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is so strong a marketing channel that no matter what you sell, it plays an important part in growing your brand and establishing your online presence. It is much more effective than outbound marketing, which is why so many PDX B2B marketers use some form of social media to enhance their Portland internet marketing presence. Not establishing a social media presence for yourself and your business gives your competitors an edge over you.
Why social media marketing is so important:
- It lets you easily connect with, and learn about your customers and their needs, their behavior patterns and demographics.
- Social media marketing provides you with both a local and global reach. You can find out what people in your locality are excited about and engage with them to tell them what you have to offer.
- Portland social media marketing helps you provide improved customer service. Your constant monitoring of your social media channels provides you with instant access to your customer feedback so that you can improve your customer response speed.
- A strong social media presence also makes it easier for potential customers to find you and thus help you gain a larger market share.
- As you connect with customers, you slowly build meaningful relationships where people who weren’t potential sales material may eventually. Not only can you build relationships with customers, social media marketing also helps you connect with other people in your industry. This helps you keep updated with your work, find and provide answers to questions and even perhaps inspire people to join you!
- As all this is achieved with minimal investment; just with your internet connection and computer, it is the perfect starting marketing option for new and small businesses to reach consumers.
How PDX Social Marketing Works
Unlike regular marketing (technically considered advertising) like advertising in a newspaper or television which is a one-way street, and internet marketing which is also one-way but you may be able to deliver a more tailored message to a targeted audience, social media marketing is a two-way marketing platform which lets you engage with customers on a one-to-one or one-to-many basis.
You can attend to all your customers’ queries, doubts, suggestions and even learn from their positive or negative feedback. There is a wide range of social media tools, websites and resources to help you achieve this ranging from the very visible social media sites Facebook and Twitter to niche communities like Reddit, Stumbleupon and Digg offering individual benefits. The best way to reap maximum benefits of social media marketing is an overall social media strategy employing a bit of everything. This will help increase both your offline and online sales and also develop business leads with both large and small companies.
Changes in Social Media Marketing Techniques and Approaches Over the Past Decade
Though social media has existed in some form or the other since the inception of search engines, there has been lots of chances in its techniques and approaches over the past decades.
- The main difference is that the power of keywords has dropped. It’s not that you don’t need a keyword, but the emphasis now is more on semantic searches and not on keyword density. Emphasis is now on #hashtags.
- The links which were once considered votes of confidence are still important, but will no longer break or make a site. It’s hinted that links may go to get replaced by implied links with a brand mention.
- While the web was initially full of search engines, there are now fewer search engines with Google dominating the field and Bing close behind.
- There is more emphasis on content now. While content spinning was huge a few years back, Google now knows how it works and detects it. The emphasis now is on high quality and unique content.
- Meta tags were once prominently used but lost much of its utility when Google penalized it’s usage in the Meta title and description. However it’s now the foundation for the title in search engines and once again has reached new heights of value.
- Authors are now important where their audience follows them from site to blog to social profile to help build the author’s online reputation.
- Although it has been less than a decade since smartphones hit the market, its usage has exploded where mobile traffic now surpasses desktop traffic.
- The release of Google Analytics has vastly improved SEO and has made it easier for businesses to keep track of everything ranging from who visits their site, how long they stay and what they click.
- And of course, the major difference in Portland social media marketing is the explosion of the social media itself. Facebook has dominated the social media world since it was founded in 2004 and since then many more sites have sprung up to dominate the fields of SEO and internet marketing. All these social media sites prove valuable at improving a brand’s reputation and promote sites for improved search engine rankings due to increased traffic.
How Portland Internet Marketing + Portland Social Media Enhances Online Exposure for Small and Large Businesses
There are various means and ways wherein social media marketing proves fruitful to both small and large businesses where the most obvious website traffic generation. All it takes is a well-placed social media post to generate thousands of visitors to your side. The increased traffic consequently helps your pages and site climb faster in search engine results pages to further increase your online visibility. The traffic you receive gives you a chance to interact with potential and existing customers and perhaps build a real relationship with them.
Reading their status updates and tweets you learn about the products they buy, what they do, what they like and lots more. You can also use the social media to connect with complementary and non-competing businesses, journalists and other interesting and connected people. All your social media posts may not always considered to be just an advertisement, and may actually get people interested in learning more about you. People will start following you, which in turn helps you target and re-target your social media ads based on your flowers.
Social media helps increase your business popularity so that you are noticed at events and perhaps even generate some essential media coverage for the charity fundraiser you arrange or the major trade show you attend. One of the most important benefits of Portland social media marketing is that you can attend to any problems customers have with your product or service. You just have to take a look at the feedback you receive from customers to learn all about your problems and how to resolve them. The better is your service and products to customers, and the faster you resolve their problems, the better is the brand loyalty you develop for your business. Those with active social media profiles are those who usually end up with more loyal customers.
Portland social media marketing is one arena where all companies, both large and small start off in a similar field. With social media marketing, the playing ground is level and you have an opportunity to give even your largest competitor some serious competition. With the right social media content, videos and photos, you can greatly enhance visibility and even create viral content that your clients, customers and potential customers/clients share for you – something which is not possible with a traditional ad campaign.
Contact us today for an analysis of how we can help increase your website ranking and social media exposure.
Michael Emery, founder of Sapid Agency, received a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing and Advertising Management from Portland State University and a Master of Arts from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology. He has been involved in online marketing since 2006.